I've finished reading all the Harry Potter books. (I honestly felt a bit down when I finished the last one. I'll miss that wizardly world!)

I read two books by Carlos Ruiz Zafón. La Sombra del Viento (The Shadow of the Wind) was the better of the two: a twisted, mysterious, and totally captivating story set in early 20th century Barcelona.

I'm going through some short stories by Salman Rushdie, stories born out of South Asia. So far so good. He's a fantastic author. One of the wildest books I've ever read was Midnights Children.
It's set against a crazy mix of time and place in modern India and I had the luck of reading it while we were there. I highly recommend it. I also just started a new novel that seems great. I'm reading a copy Marco bought in Spanish, but it was originally in French and has been translated to English also:

Any suggestions? Happy Reading!
3 comments:
I just started Roberto Bolano's 2666 and it is great so far. It was translated from Spanish so you and Marco could both read it.
Yes! A Thousand Splendid Suns by Khaled Hosseini. Wonderful!
Thanks for your suggestions! I will check out both of those.
Today is Sat morning and I stayed in bed reading for a while after I woke up. I used to do that alot and I hadn't for a while- how delicious!
Post a Comment